Patients on long term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- Online - you can register for GP Online Services at www.thewaiting-room.net (click on blue box above)where you will be able to request repeat prescriptions and book appointments online. See home page for more details.
- In person – tick the items required on your computerised prescription counterfoil and place in the letterbox located in the surgery entrance hall or place it in the containers located at the branch surgery collection points.
- By post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- By telephone – call the 24 hour prescription line on 01736 786925.
- Please do not telephone your prescription request to the main surgery number unless absolutely necessary.
Cape Cornwall Surgery has its own dispensary which is open between 08:00 – 18:30 on weekdays, closing for lunch between 13:00 and 14:00. We can prescribe drugs for any patients living more than a mile from a chemist. Drugs are delivered to outlying areas of West Penwith and can be collected from:
- Costcutter, Sennen – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- The General Store, St Buryan – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- 1 Little Trethewey, St Levan – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- Boscaswell Stores, Pendeen – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
We have also started a limited home delivery service for housebound patients on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Please speak to the dispensary for further information
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for all repeat prescriptions to be issued whether you are a dispensing or non-dispensing patient.
Dispensing a prescription takes a further two working days.
Remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.